FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials FreeBSD is one of the oldest and most featureful open-source Unix-like operating systems. FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials takes you on a deep dive into FreeBSD’s disk management systems.
You’ll learn about:
* identifying your storage hardware
* the Common Access Method
* GEOM–FreeBSD’s powerful and flexible stackable storage system
* GUID Partition Tables, the modern disk partitioning standard
* MBR/disklabel partitioning, used by older and embedded systems
* avoiding common partitioning errors
* aligning partitions to the physical disk, for peak performance
* the high-performance Unix File System
* tuning UFS to fit your environment and load
* Two ways to journal filesystems, and when to use each
* The GELI and GBDE disk encryption systems, and when to use each
* Software-based disk mirroring, striping, RAID-5 and RAID-10.
* Custom FreeBSD installs
Don’t just configure your storage. Understand it. Get FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials today!